DESIGN AN ORNAMENT CONTEST
Are you creative? Do you like making homemade ornaments? If so, then this contest is just for you. The Recycling Division of Mahoning County is having a “Design a Christmas Ornament from Reused Material Contest” for grades K-12th.
- Brainstorm with your students or group members about what type of reused materials could be used to make an ornament.
- Have your classroom or organization make ornaments from reused material. Not all ornaments from each group need to be the same. Variety is encouraged!
- Ornaments must be between 2 and 5 inches in length.
- Send them to the Green Team office by November 24, 2020. If it is too hard to get the ornaments to the office, the educators might be able to pick them up. Give the Green Team a call if they need to be picked up.
- The Green Team will draw the name of a classroom or organization who has entered an ornament to receive a bird house to help the students learn about nature.
These ornaments will be used to decorate the Christmas trees at the Mahoning County commissioners’ meeting room and the Green Team office. Be creative, have fun, and look for your ornaments on a tree near you!
The registration form and some ideas for materials to use are here.